Submissions Criteria for Deal of the Year Awards 2012
Submissions for Deals of the Year 2012
Project Finance Magazine is Euromoney Publications' flagship international infrastructure finance title. It has been publishing for 28 years and covers a range of sectors including oil & gas, power, renewables, transport and public-private-partnership. The magazine's subscribers are global and comprise project developers, bankers, consultants, lawyers, multilaterals and the public sector.
The Project Finance Awards - started 14 years ago - are for innovation, deal repeatability, best practice, problem solving, risk mitigation, value for money and speed of delivery in the financing of infrastructure projects, large or small.
All deals are vetted by our team of journalists and shortlisted via a weighting system based on the categories above. The shortlist is debated by the team and independent industry contacts. The final decisions are made via a further, more detailed, weighting system. On average 300-350 of the best deals of the given year are entered for the awards.
Since the liquidity crunch of 2008, followed by the September collapse of Lehman, we have judged all deals in the context of the lending climate at time of financial close, whilst also giving repeatability of deal structure in the new climate a slightly higher weighting than in previous years.
Project Finance will be holding its 2012 awards ceremonies in London, New York, Singapore and Dubai in early 2013.
Venue and timing details can be obtained from
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Finance Deals of the Year 2012 Entry Guidelines
Submissions are invited for the 2012 Deal of the Year awards.
Final close date is December 5 2012 - but any deals that have yet to close and are due by December 31 may be included if we are given prior notice.
An entry form can be downloaded on the following path: http://www.projectfinancemagazine.com/pdf/DoY2012Form.doc
Eligibility: All deals must have reached financial close or been underwritten in 2012
The awards will include the following sectors...
- Power (including transmission)
- Oil & Gas (including LNG, pipelines, independent E&P)
- Water and waste
- Mining and metals
- Leisure (including hotels, theme parks and stadiums)
- Communications (telecoms, satellites, cable networks)
- Transport (roads, rail, ports, airports)
- PFI/PPP/3P/Municipal and alternative financing structures for public infrastructure including social housing
In the following geographic regions...
- Europe (EU and non-EU)
- Middle East
- Latin America
- Central America
- North America
Financing and refinancing types can include...
- Traditional non-recourse and limited recourse
- Alternative debt financing solutions
- Hybrid - corporate/project debt
- Corporate debt
- Project bonds
- Leveraged finance
- Project/portfolio refinancing
- Islamic finance
- Any financing where the proceeds directly fund greenfield, brownfield or expansion project development
Entries must include:
- Reason for submitting
- Brief history and deal tear sheet
- Telephone and email of sponsors and lenders involved for verification purposes by our journalists
Winning deals will feature in February and March issues of Project Finance Magazine.
Please submit entries via email to: email@example.com
or by post to...
Project Finance Magazine
Nestor House/Playhouse Yard
London EC4V 5EX
Candidates may supply as much additional information in support of their deals as they wish.